The Shire of Toodyay values the privacy of its customers and stakeholders and manages the privacy risks of the information it collects about them.
Collection of Information
The Shire of Toodyay collects information about its customers and stakeholders:
- in the performance of its services and functions
- as required by law
- through correspondence, communication and service requests from customers and stakeholders; and
- through online data and metadata collection.
Use of Information
Generally, when you submit information to the Shire, we will use that information to respond to your correspondence or service request.
The Shire of Toodyay will also use information about its customers and stakeholders:
- to perform its services and functions;
- as required by law; and
- to improve its websites, services, facilities and functions.
Protection, Security and Storage
The Shire has a formal risk management framework under which it identifies and controls the risks of collecting, storing, protecting and using customer and stakeholder information.
The Shire works actively to ensure that information about customers and stakeholders is stored securely and accessed for approved purposes only.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
The Shire will disclose customer and stakeholder information to third parties in the following circumstances only:
- with the consent of the customer or stakeholder, express or implied
- as required by law; or
- in order to complete the purpose or function for which the information was provided.
Accessing Your Personal Information
Under the Freedom of Information Act, you have rights to access, correct and protect your personal information.
Visit our Freedom of Information page for more information about your rights to access your personal information.
This privacy statement replaces all other privacy statements previously applicable from the date of this privacy statement’s first publication.
If you wish to clarify anything about this site or have concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us.