Fire Response Vehicle Identifier Stickers
To assist authorities to identify vehicles which can assist DFES in bushfire response, DFES and the Shire encourages owners of such vehicles or machinery to apply for a Fire Response Vehicle Identifier windscreen sticker. The stickers are designed to enable passage of approved vehicles through the vehicle control points (road blocks) where approved by the Incident Controller. Appliances or machinery without a Vehicle Identifier sticker may be delayed or prevented from assisting in the response.
Stickers are issued under a number of conditions including:
- the Fire Response Vehicle Identifier is for the purpose of fire response;
- when the vehicle is no longer used as a fire response vehicle (e.g. when sold) the identifier will be removed;
- compliance with the Road Traffic Act 1974;
- the identifier can be revoked by an Incident Controller or authorised person at any time;
- appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and Clothing will be worn at all times;
- the driver will ensure that the vehicle’s presence at an incident is recorded on both arrival and departure;
Stickers for the period ending 30 September 2018 are now available. Application forms are available from the Shire Administration Centre or download here.
Multiple stickers may be issued to persons with multiple suitable vehicles/equipment – one application form per vehicle is required.
The Shire will utilise SMS to communicate with Vehicle Identifier holders (i.e. upon expiry, or any changes to the scheme), therefore a mobile phone number (or numbers) will be required as part of the application. Stickers will be mailed to the applicant following vetting of the application by the Shire.
Complete the Fire Response Vehicle Identifier Application Form(PDF, 71KB)