Community Citizen of the Year Awards
Each year local citizens and a local community group in the Shire area will be eligible for Community Citizen of the Year Awards in a number of different categories.
The recipients will be selected from people and groups who have made a noteworthy contribution during the current year, or given outstanding service to the local community over a number of years through active involvement.
The winners of these awards will have been judged to have shown active citizenship with:
- Significant contribution to the local community;
- Demonstrated leadership on a community issue resulting in the enhancement of community life;
- A significant initiative which has brought about positive change and added value to community life; and
- Inspiring qualities as a role model for the community.
Nominations can be made via the website.
Congratulations to the 2021 nominees below. The winners will be announced at the Australia Day breakfast held by the the Shire of Toodyay.
Community Citizen of the Year
- Carolynne Haigh
- Ian McGregor
- Sarah Otremba
- Sean Byron
Youth Community Citizen of the Year
- Willow Hitches & Kyla Browne
Senior Community Citizen of the Year
- Donald Anderson
- John Lucas
- Kaye Rewell