Volunteering is a great way to connect with others in your local community. Volunteers in Toodyay are highly valued and there are many opportunities for individuals to become involved, whether it is for a sporting group, environmental committee, care provider, playgroup, fire brigade, ambulance, heritage group etc or the Shire.
Shire Of Toodyay Volunteers
The Shire of Toodyay is reliant on, and grateful to, members of the community who offer their time to volunteer in a range of roles. Currently the majority of volunteers work in the Library, Visitor Centre and Museum.
Being a volunteer at the Shire of Toodyay brings substantial benefit to:
- The volunteer by providing them an opportunity for direct involvement in many of the day to day community development activities of the Shire
- the Shire of Toodyay by bringing specialist advice and skills into the organisation and through the provision of additional human resources to particular programs
- the wider community by providing an avenue for community participation in the development of specific community activities or the organisation as a whole
The contribution of volunteers is vital to the Shire of Toodyay’s operations. The Shire of Toodyay recognises and values the reciprocal nature of the relationship between the organisation and individual and is committed to providing volunteer programs which both:
- supports the Shire of Toodyay’s work, and
- meets the expectations and needs of individual volunteers.
The Shire's Volunteer Coordinator will help you find volunteering opportunities that match your interests, skills or values.
For further information about volunteering in the Shire of Toodyay contact the Shire Administration Centre.
Thank A Volunteer Day
Each year the Shire celebrates Thank a Volunteer Day. For further details please contact our Community Development Officer on 9574 4318.