Community Citizen of the Year Awards
Each year local citizens and a local community group in the Shire area will be eligible for Community Citizen of the Year Awards in a number of different categories.
The recipients will be selected from people and groups who have made a noteworthy contribution during the current year, or given outstanding service to the local community over a number of years through active involvement.
The winners of these awards will have been judged to have shown active citizenship with:
- Significant contribution to the local community;
- Demonstrated leadership on a community issue resulting in the enhancement of community life;
- A significant initiative which has brought about positive change and added value to community life; and
- Inspiring qualities as a role model for the community.
Congratulations to the 2019 winners and nominees who were announced at the Australia Day breakfast held by the the Shire of Toodyay.
Active Citizenship (Group of Event)
- Avon Valley Shotokan
- Toodyay Friends of the River
- Toodyay Op Shop - Winner
Community Citizen of the Year (Senior)
- Jeff Roberts - Winner
- Larry Graham
- Peter Kirkland
Community Citizen of the Year
- Debra Andrijich - Winner
- John Prater
- Roz Davidson
- Tanya Stuart