Small Business Friendly
The Shire of Toodyay is Small Business Friendly
As part of our commitment to supporting our local business community we are delighted to announce that we have signed the Small Business Friendly Local Governments Charter. This new initiative, developed by the Small Business Development Corporation (SBDC), formally recognises local governments that are demonstrating, or working towards, ‘better practice’ in engaging with their small business community. By signing the Charter we have committed to small businesses by:
- recognising them as an important stakeholder and consulting regularly
- offering clear service standards, advice and guidance to support local business
- reviewing our policies to make them small business friendly
- reducing red tape
- making on-time payments
- having a process in place to handle disputes
- introducing other activities to improve the operating environment for small businesses in their area
The Shire of Toodyay is proud to be ‘small business friendly’.
For more information about the Small Business Friendly Local Governments initiative please visit the SBDC website.
Business Support in WA
The Small Business Development Corporation (SBDC) is an independent statutory authority. Their primary role is to encourage, promote, and facilitate the establishment and growth of small businesses in Western Australia by providing a range of services including:
- Business skills workshops
- Business licence finder to identify the required licences, registrations and codes of practice required for your business
- Free advisory services to provide guidance on a range of small business matters – call 133 140
- Commercial tenancy advisory service to provide guidance on commercial lease agreements
- A low cost dispute resolution service to assist with resolving business to business and business to government disputes
- Policy, advocacy and advice to government
- Business migration
- Topical small business information and resources via their website.
Visit smallbusiness.wa.gov.au or call 133 140 for more information.
Business Local is an initiative of the SBDC, supporting small businesses through a network of providers across the State. Business Local advisers can give free advice and guidance on a range of topics to help you build and grow your business. They are experienced in business and understand how things work in your area. RSM provides Business Local services in the Wheatbelt. Their small business advisers are available to offer expert advice and guidance on all aspects of small business.
Visit Business Local Wheatbelt for more information.