At Toodyay Library, the benefits of your membership don’t end when you leave the building. In addition to borrowing from our shelves, you can borrow eBooks and magazines using your personal computer, tablet or smartphone. With multiple research databases accessible anywhere at any time, you have all of the information you could ask for at your fingertips. For the kids, we provide portals to online activities, games and stories that will keep them busy when you can’t.
Wherever our Members are in the world, endless entertainment and education is available for free – all you need is your library card!
eBooks and Magazines
- BorrowBox and Overdrive: Take your pick of these platforms to browse and borrow best-selling eBooks and eAudiobooks on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Zinio: Choose from dozens of popular Australian and international magazines and download them to your device in an instant.
Apps are available for BorrowBox, OverDrive and Zinio, so you can carry your bookshelf and newsstand in your pocket. Just visit the App Store on your Apple device or the Google Play Store on your Android device.
If you have a question about borrowing and/or downloading eBooks or magazines, see the Borrowing eBooks/magazines – Fact Sheet. Still having issues? Drop into the library or contact us, and we’ll see what we can do.
- Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre (Ebsco): Find full-text content from a variety of Australian and international magazines, newspapers, and reference books.
- Open OPAC: *CURRENT LINK IS NOT WORKING – PLEASE ADDRESS! An online public access catalogue allowing you to search the Toodyay and Morangup library collections. Members can make reservations, renewals, and submit interlibrary loan requests – all online or on a mobile device. For full instructions, see the Open OPAC – Fact Sheet. *FACT SHEET (INSTRUCTIONS) FOR OPAC USE REQUIRED WHEN LINK HAS BEEN RESTORED
- Who Else Writes Like…: This site conveniently categorises authors based on their writing subjects and styles. Normally a paid service, your library membership grants you free and unlimited access to the whole site.
Children’s Learning Resources
- Busythings: Educational games that improve communication, numeracy and problem-solving skills.
- Literacy Planet: A treasure trove of activities for kids of all ages and abilities.
- OverDrive Reading Room: Fast, safe and easy access to children’s eBooks.
- StoryBox Library: The best of Australian youth literature read aloud by famous faces.
- TumbleBook: A vast collection of animated picture books that bring storytelling to life.